1. How is commensalism different from mutualism?
2. Give an example of parasitism that isnít in your book or on this worksheet.
For each of the following examples, describe whether it is
an example of parasitism, mutualism, or commensalism. Explain your answers.
3. Shark and
4. Ants and acacia tree
5. Mistletoe and poplar tree
6. Cow bird
and dark-eyed junco
7. Whale and barnacle
8. Clownfish and sea anemone
9. Give an example of an organism that has a symbiotic relationship with humans? What kind of symbiotic relationship is it?
10. Why arenít there any symbiotic relationships where both species are harmed?